Storyboards are… cards that have illustrations and texts from a picture book attached
How it works…
- the teacher cuts apart two copies of the picture book and put the pieces on cards
- the students will then have to organize the cards
- they will rearrange the cards so that they take place in the correct order
- they will then read the story to see if it makes sense
- they will then read the original story to see how they did.
Experience with this strategy… this was practiced on us in class. It was surprisingly difficult to do. They used a story that had some more difficult language and there were a few events that were hard to interpret. However, it made you think more critically when you were attempting to organize it.