How it works… students work together as a group to create a book together. They individually create one page or section of the book. They will work together to put it together.
- A topic must be chosen- the teacher will choose the main topic, then each student will decide their own sub-topic for their own section of the book.
- Introduce the design to the students- show the students what you expect their finished product to look like. Advise them that there is room for both a written and visual portion within their page/ section.
- Making the rough draft- students will make up a rough draft of their written portion. They will then form revision groups. They will be given feedback and be given the opportunity to make edits and corrections.
- They will make their final copy
- Collect the pages- the teacher will collect the completed pages from the students and organize it into a book
- Make copies- the teacher will make copies of the book for each student and then give the final copies. Or one copy could get bound and kept in the classroom library.